Dressing Bot But Can't Buy Items

I have tried getting the bot to purchase items using the BuyItemRequest message type over the bot websock api. I feed it item_ids gained from the webapi. I always get a message stating the item cannot be found. Examples below, I’m sending real JSON with quotes around the fields, this is just copied from console.log() before it gets serialized.

SEND:

{
  _type: 'BuyItemRequest',
  rid: 'a77a5436-089e-479b-9c19-52c33267a3bb',
  item_id: 'fullsuit-n_pjpartygrabone2023littleghoulxnightgown'
}

RECEIVE:

{
 do_not_reconnect: false,
 rid: 'a77a5436-089e-479b-9c19-52c33267a3bb',
 _type: 'Error'
}
1 Like

Hello, some items cannot be purchased, and others cannot be found. This means that the only items you can buy right now are the ones located in Highrise’s default shop.

Items that cost gold can be purchased, while items that cost bubbles cannot be purchased unless they are free and cost 0 bubbles. However, in the shop, if you locate the starter item shop category, each item of that category costs 100 bubbles but can be obtained by the bot.

The best way to dress your bot or change its appearance is to dress your avatar with items from the shop. Later on, use the method “GetUserOutfitRequest” to log your outfit and use that outfit to extract the item IDs and then purchase them (I highly recommend this method).

Let me know if you need anything else, please :slight_smile:

1 Like

Lol. Thank you for explaining. That method requires us to buy things twice. That’s pretty lame.

1 Like

Not exactly. Buying this is just a suggestion and a method that I like to use. But if you have any suggestions, you can share them here. :smiley: